Oct 19, 2009

"Remember When" A reminisceful (new word) picture book

My mind has been trailing back to "the past" on quite a regular basis lately. A coule nights ago I found myself looking at old pictures and reminiscing about some funny times and great memories. So as the title states, this is a "reminisceful" picture book of the fun times over the last 4 years. Enjoy the "somewhere around" 135 pictures....

REMEMBER WHEN (RW) ....

There were purple sunsets at the cabin....


RW I believed I could fly....

RW we were the Beastie Boys and Flava Flav for Halloween....

RW I busted my eye open playing basketball and the doctor insisted on shaving my entire eyebrow off to put the stitches in....

....Which created some photo gems like this "unibrow" shot from the cabin....
RW we won the pumpkin carving contest with "Beavis." (There is a good chance this contest was rigged but lets be honest, we would've won "most creative" either way)....

RW all we did was sit in the apartment, eat cold cereal, and watch ESPN....

RW I would walk out the front door to go to class, see this, and GO BACK TO BED....

RW Selena had that New Years Eve Party at her house and Devin asked what I'd do if I had a million dollars....

.... And I said 2 chicks at the same time.... HA HA HA HA! Calm down Selena and Allison!

RW Nick came to the party and he was totally baked....

RW I went to Rocky Point with the Dawson family and Bro. Dawson was second guessing his meal selection....

.... Me, Devin, and Daniel gave a street performance for the camera....

.... Devin wore those amazing goggles -- excuse me, those amazing glasses....

.... And we bought fireworks from a guy who knew 3 words in english.... "Dynamite" and "Ten Dollars".... Oh and Devin posed with a Cuban in his mouth!

RW we took that road trip to crown king...

.... Found some local hoes (ha ha ha ha)....

.... Saw the funniest cactus in existence....

.... And made a pit stop in the town of "Cleotora" long enough to take this amazing picture before the owner of this home came out in nothing but his whitey-tighteys and a 12-gauge. Only kidding....

RW we went to Disneyland....

.... Marcus was ridin' dirty....

.... Ryland got his first "Ear Hat"....

.... Colton peed his pants because he didn't wanna miss the parade to go to the bathroom....

.... And I rode Splash Mountain solo!

RW I accidentally pulled the trigger on the paint sprayer....

RW I took Kelly to Warm Slough and got stuck in mud that smelled like rotten eggs....
.... And how despite the horendous smelling mud, she voluntarily gave it her best to help push me out!
RW I was Stay Puft the Marshmallow Man for Halloween....



RW the leaves would change colors every year near the Teton Mountain Range....

RW we celebrated New Years Eve at 7pm with my nephews....


RW we discovered "Sobe Bombs"....

RW we nailed 2 pallets and an old restaurant door to the bottom of a couch, hooked a tow strap from the couch to Brendan's truck, and "re-invented" couch surfing....


RW we camped at the hot springs and Deez Nuts made that rock wall around the fire pit....

.... And Greg Boam won the best dressed award!

RW we went camping a few weeks later and I told Devin his truck would "easily make it through that snow"....

.... And we spent 2 hours the next morning digging in the snow to free it up!

RW I went to Seattle....

.... And I snapped this sweet picture of a Komodo Dragon at the Seattle Zoo!

RW we didn't catch a dang thing and It was still fun....
RW we went to Yellowstone....

.... And Whitney ate a buffalo!
RW Russ and Selena got married in the middle of June and it was 110!

And Clint missed the "dont' smile" memo during picture time.

RW we "mooned the moon" at 4am and laughed about it for like an hour and nobody could understand what was so funny about it....

RW James stuck a LIVE baby chick in his mouth....

RW Nick Sorensen took these epic photos of me jumping off the diving board at his house....





RW that jumping cactus attacked my leg....

RW Clints house flooded! SO RUGGED....



RW those 3 Mexicans drove 5 hours from San Diego and bought my truck with $4,000 in 20's and 3 100's....

RW I grew my beard out....

RW dad let me paint the house before I left for School....

.... And while I was painting I fell down in the window well and shattered the window!

RW we took that road trip to Utah....

.... And watched BYU whoop up on Wyoming.

RW I took a photography class and we took a road trip to Bannack, Montana and I came home with a few good pics....

.... Including a timered self-portrait. ha ha....



RW we went snow camping....



RW Tommy and Shane made a stripper pole out of pop cans....

RW I learned that having a good vertical leap came in handy when hitting a volleyball....
RW dad dressed up as Santa and Lola wasn't quite sure what to think....

.... But she eventually warmed up to the idea....


Remember when we went to the hot springs in February....

.... And it wasn't exactly "hot" when we got OUT!

RW I cooked pancakes the next morning....

.... But because I forgot the butter and syrup, and nobody liked jam I was able enjoy them all to myself!
RW the mexicans came the night before loose trash pick up and somehow managed to fit the 6 red chairs in front of our house onto the top of their truck....

RW I sat in Row 1 at the Suns Game....

.... Wearing this....

.... which drew the attention of these 2 young ladies....

.... And these 2 cougars....

.... And RW I was the only one in the first 20 rows cheering and some ESPN photographer caught me in the background!

RW I drove 10 hours to Salt Lake City to watch the Suns take on the Jazz, only to see the Suns come back from 22 down in the 3rd quarter, tie the game, and then lose in over time....



RW I went to Georgia and stayed across the street from Centennial Olympic Park....

.... Went to the Coke Museum....

.... The Georgia Aquarium....

.... Found Nemo....

.... And attempted to throw up some gang signs with a few total strangers!

RW I went to Tennessee and watched a minor league baseball game....

.... Hung out with the Meredith kids....



.... Their amazing parents....



.... And got a first hand visual of the Murfreesboro tornado aftermath!


RW I went to South Carolina and hung out with the Andersons....


.... Hit up the lake....


.... Went horseback riding for just the second time in my life....


.... And got this sweet candid shot of Whitney....

RW I finally moved out of my parents house and into a rental....

.... With a sweet backyard....

.... and an even sweeter "locker room" that I gladly chose as my room!

RW we worked tirelessly to turn a Jack in the Box that had been vacant for 3 years....


.... Into a Laundry Mat!

RW Uncle Steve and Grandpa both passed away within a couple months of each other! I will miss these 2 men dearly!

RW I should have had my own "Dirty Jobs" episode....

Remember HOW... In my incredibly biased opinion, I have the CUTEST nieces, COOLEST nephews and the most AMAZING family and friends I could ever ask for! I really do live a great life!

Remember when you read the most ridiculously lond blog entry and you thought to yourself, well there's 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. HA HA HA!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I thoroughly enjoyed that! You are one crazy kid. I love those pics of you on the doing board- they are epic!

Allison Barry said...

20 minutes that WE'll never get back either!!! That was a long post, so here are my thoughts:

I am always honored when I make it onto your blog.

Devin will love this post.

Cougars. Yuck. Or, I hope to be one someday.

You and Devin should go camping again.

that's all I got.

Bon said...

ya, i do remember that. good times

Dawn said...

thanks for the memories...and some of them I hadn't even heard about! but you will always have good memories...cuz you always find something to smile about or laugh about in your life or the lives of those around you. You are just a fun person to be around!

Sami said...

"somewhere" around 135 photos and I wasn't mentioned once! (You did use my awesome picture I took and did not give me credit though.) I'm pretty sure I was a part of those past four years somewhere... =)

*Whitney* said...

awesom post scott! We miss you up here...let's plan a trip to get together soon:)

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I think I peed a little . . .!

Kento and Vanessa said...

I don't know if you remember me (FHE Fall '07) but I ran across your blog about a week ago you write some amazing stuff! And you have quite the life haha...I can't get over the fact that James put a live baby chick in his mouth...but you have some great memories. Keep it up!

Vanessa