Jul 23, 2011

Rather AMAZING!

Anyone who knows me better than a midget knows kids' sizes KNOWS I LOVE camping! Last night I rounded up my roommate Waldo, a couple buddies, my girlfriend, and her two kids and headed up North for the night. Steaks, smores, hot dogs, pickles, hiking, spot lighting, diggin holes, and drinking silly amounts of exotic gourmet soda all contributed to a GREAT TIME!

Here's some pics from our enjoyable get away, followed by one SERIOUSLY AMAZING video I took during our spotlighting adventure! Outside of the time I saw 2 mountain lions running together, it's by far the coolest thing I've ever seen with a spotlight. Especially because it stood there while I tooks pictures and videos of it...

Waldo, Destiny, and John... Waldo appears to be the most relaxed. haha.

Bonnie and I... How's that for some proper grammer!

Bonnie's daughter Grace and her ever-loving "dolly"...

Bonnie's son Tucker with his, "It's 2 hours past my bedtime but I can't stop staring at the AWESOME fire" look on his face...

I told you, the kid wouldn't stop looking at the fire...

Tucker preferred star gazing over eating his hot dog...

Probably the only candid shot of Bonnie from the trip...

If he wasn't staring at the fire he was staring at the dirt! Oh to be a kid again...

Waldo enjoying his last bite of steak...

Apparently John missed the "We're camping in the mountains, not Hawaii memo"...

Just enjoyin myself...

Tucker had marshmallows for breakfast! CLASSIC...

We took a small hike this morning, and naturally it broke into a quick game of hide and seek...

The kids starting to fall behind...

I LOVE this picture! HA HA! Grace didn't last very long on the hike...

Nothing like a cold pop and a cool mountain breeze...


Ok, this is a video I took last night when we were spotlighting. Excuse my child-like excitement throughout...







Ok, so now for the second post...



I recently lost a "friendly" wager about losing 20 pounds in 6 weeks. Admittedly I didn't try very hard, and will make no further excuses. However, it aggravates me to know that I weigh more now than I ever have in my life. There is also something else that aggravates me... SHAVING! So I figured why not combine my dislike for weight gain and shaving and make it a publicized ordeal.


Tonight I will purchase a scale and weigh myself. I will also shave. Then, if I can lose 2 and a half pounds a week, for 6 weeks, I get to keep my beard. In other words, my goal is 15 pounds in 6 weeks. However, I will weigh myself every saturday night and if I don't weigh in 2.5 pounds lighter than the previous week, I have to shave! GAME ON!

1 comment:

Sheila and Mario said...

Cute pics. I have not camped in ages, but love it. And just so you know, my mom or Bonnie will probably correct your grammar. I am pretty sure it is Bonnie and me. lol