Apr 18, 2011

In the past 160....

It's been 160 days since my last blog entry. In honor of the number 160, and the number 4 (my favorite number) I've decided to try something a little different. I'll spill the beans on 4 things I've "done", and 4 things I've "learned" in the past 160 days, 160 hours, 160 minutes, and 160 seconds. Some of it's funny, some of it's not, some of it's deep, and some of it's shallow. But it's all honest. IN THE PAST 160 DAYS I HAVE... 1) Gone to Texas to help my sister move. The trip was hardly all work and no play. It included a trip to South Padre Island, and the privelage of seeing the remains of a lizard that chose the wrong time to hang out in the door jam...

2) Remodeled my brother's new house in cottonwood. While I've done minor drywall repairs, and dabbled in some framing, this was the first time I've ever done anything of this size. I won't claim to have built an amazing room, but I had a ton of fun doing it!










3) Went elk hunting (late rifle - Unit 6A) and came up empty handed. However, I had the time of my life anyways! I got to end day after day gazing at this...

4) Got drawn for another elk hunt this year, along with 3 buddies. We scored a late rifle hunt in Unit 22 North...



In the past 160 DAYS I have LEARNED...


1) I should never own a flex fuel vehicle out of warranty!

2) That in the the last 12 months I've spent almost $500 on ammunition, but almost $1500 on dates!!!!

3) I'm not spectacular at any one thing, but ok at many things!

4) The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!!!!


IN THE PAST 160 HOURS I HAVE...

1) Finally got a picture of this "thing" that lives in our backyard. It moves at light speed, shows it's face about twice a year, and appears to be a hybrid between a bearded dragon and an iguana. It ain't your typical lizard, that's for sure...


2) Inhaled a 24 pack of Mt. Dew...


3) Been to the Suns - Timberwolves game...



4) Torn up thousands upon thousands of square feet of carpet. There is no picture that will do my back pain justice...


In the past 160 HOURS I have LEARNED...


1) I need to stop talking and start listening!!!!

2) I have spent the greater part of my life being the underdog, and have thrived on proving people wrong!

3) Absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!!!!

4) Ben Franklin was right when he said, "Tis easier to surpress the first desire than satisfy all that follow."


IN THE PAST 160 MINUTES I HAVE...


1) Almost killed an old man who came to a stop in the middle of an intersection!

2) Polished off my roommates orange juice!

3) Lost 5 pounds of sweat at work!

4) Tweaked my back... AGAIN!!!!


In the past 160 MINUTES I have LEARNED...


1) Our front yard looks high class, but our backyard looks white trash...



2) That I've put 90,000 miles on my truck in 30 months. That's 3,000 miles a month! Ouch!


3) I'm out of cold cereal!

4) Life is easier, and I am happier, when I find ways to care more about others than I do abut myself.


IN THE PAST 160 SECONDS I HAVE...


1) Proof-read this entry for the 35th time!

2) Popped my back!

3) Popped my chest! (I'm falling apart)

4) Farted twice! Too much??? It happens.


In the past 160 SECONDS I have LEARNED...


1) That I love having a blackberry

2) That I am not prepared to go turkey hunting on friday

3) That I need to shower

4) That I am broke beyond comfort, but blessed beyond comprehension!


Until next time..............

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

i throughly enjoyed this post. thank you for sharing. i feel like i know you a little bit better. haha!!!

Melanie said...

Great post...i might have to try this same idea.

Ashley C said...

You're hilarious. Sorry about your back! Ouch.