May 21, 2011

Livin in Dixie...

My blog's been lacking some serious visuals lately, so sticking wth the theme of my mission to Georgia, let me tickle your eyes with a few people, places, and things that I do and DO NOT miss about "Livin in Dixie."

I suppose it's only appropriate we get the negative stuff out of the way first. Here's a few things I do NOT miss...

Seeing people doing this...



"Taco" tires...



Road kill...



Road kill...



And more road kill...




And finally.... Spending time with missionaries that lacked common sense...




Moving on to the people, places, and things I DO miss, allow me to start this off right with the sisters... HAHAHAHA...




The Beach's...




The Meredith's...






"Mama Johnson..."




The hammonds... R.I.P. "Papa Hammond" - Hopefully you found someone to play you a little Johnny Cash up in Heaven!




The Honeycutt's... Hands down, far and away, the craziest family I've ever been around...




The group of true blue rednecks that would constantly invite us to hang out, eat, and watch college football with them in this "parking lot palace." This picture speaks volumes even with nobody in it. Notice the fishing poles, the exercise bike, and the 10 inch black and white television that ran on stolenpower from the lines above their tent. HAHAHAHA! I really do miss those guys!




Accidentally putting dish SOAP instead of dish DETERGENT into the dishwaser. For reals though... I'll miss stupid thing like this...




Taking a nap every morning during scripture study... HAHA!




Unusual house pets...




Seeing cops that can't make a successful U-turn...




Seeing things like this...




Catching banana spiders in a tupperware container...




And then lighting a pack of fire crackers inside that same container...




Using tree swings. Both UNsuccessfully...




And successfully...




Meeting "Black Santa"




Being able to get my hair cut AND order a pork chop sandwich AT THE SAME TIME...



And saving the best for last... I REALLY miss service days at the nursing homes. Like, I REALLY do. From calling bingo to gospel sing-a-longs, it was ALWAYS a good time!!!! That was my homey Curtis on the right! The lady on the left refused to tell me her name. HA!

Well, this makes 28 days straight. 16 more and I'll have done the impossible. 44 posts in 44 days...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awwwww.....Mama Johnson :)

For the record, YOU were definitely a highlight of our (brief) time in south Georgia. Of course that's not saying much...haha j/k!

Jolee B. said...

I love everything about this! But especially that I made the cut! :)