May 26, 2011

"What happened to my frog?"

Many years ago my little sister Amy decided she wanted a pet frog. So after what I'm sure was a little bit of hesitation, my mom bought her a small tree frog and a one gallon aquarium. The frog feasted on baby crickets, but spent most of it's time motionless sleeping in the corner of it's "cage."

Well, one day I overheard Amy talking about how she was "tired of taking care of the frog," and how she didn't want it anymore. So as far as I was concerned, it was up for sale! The very next day my buddy Steve and I were feeding the frog when the following conversation took place:
Steve: "Man, I wish I had a pet frog!"
Me: "Funny you should say that Steve, I'll sell you this one."
Steve: "But isn't it your sister's?"
Me: "Ya but she doesn't want it anymore."
Steve: "Well how much you selling it for?"
Me: "How much do you have on you?"
(Steve empties his pockets)
Steve: "Uhmmm... Looks like I've got $5 and a can of fart spray"

"Are you kidding me? SOLD!!!!"

$5 and a can of fart spray for a stupid frog that wasn't even mine? I'll take it!

Fast forward a couple hours as our family gathered at the dinner table. The folliwng conversation takes place:

Amy: "Uhmmm What happened to my frog?"
Me: "I sold it to Steve."
(puzzled looks abound)
Amy: "What! Why would you sell my frog?!"
Me: "I over heard you saying you didn't want it anymore so I sold it!"
My dad: "How much did you sell it for?"
Me: "$5 and a can of fart spray."
Almost everyone at the table begins laughing... Except Amy!

Sorry Amy... I still owe you a frog :)

2 comments:

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

i was afraid that i mightnow remember/know the story you told me you were going to write. but i DEFINiTELY remember this one. i remember being pissed. seriously, fart spray for my awesome frog??! seriously.

next blog post should be the story where you poked holes in the couch with a knife because you "couldnt see it". thats a good one.

Jen Perkins said...

This is the best story I've heard all month!